We are looking for a volunteer to drive a weekly delivery route that provides homebound residents in Arroyo Grande, Oceano and Grover Beach with much needed groceries. This volunteer opportunity will consist of driving a Food Bank van to the home sites every Wednesday morning between 8:00am – 12:00pm. The route includes about 20 households. The volunteer will pick up the already packed van at the warehouse in San Luis Obispo, complete the delivery route, and return the van to the warehouse. It is a great irresponsibly for a dependable and dedicated volunteer who wants to give back to their community.
- Comfortable communicating and interacting with people of diverse
- Knowledge of proper food handling practices
- Comfortable navigating using smart phone or by following written
- Experience driving large passenger or cargo van
- Complete Food Bank volunteer application
- Provide permission for the Food Bank to complete a background check
- Obtain a driving record from the DMV
- Can lift up to 50 lb; can easily carry two 15 lb bags of groceries from curb to
Call (805) 238-4664 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.